Backup Batteries for NISSEI Controllers
Importance of changing batteries before it dies
Backup Batteries for TACT Controller
TACT controller uses a lithium battery for retaining data and servomotor’s encoding position. A lithium battery generally has a life span of over 5 years. However, please be sure to replace it before it runs out. If a decrease in the voltage of a lithium battery is detected, a message that prompts the replacement of lithium battery will be displayed.
If the operating power is about turned off in this state, a warning window will be displayed.
Pressing “YES” will shut off the operating power.
Once the operating power is turned off in this state, the data will be lost in approximately two hours. Therefore, please be sure to replace the lithium battery with a new one immediately. For more details on the lithium battery replacement, please refer to the followings.
Data retaining battery on the main CPU board
The data retaining battery on the main CPU board keeps the following data:
- Current molding conditions
- Machine’s adjustment data
- Production achievement data
- History data
If the battery output voltage declines due to the running battery life, the message “MAIN CPU BOARD BATTERY DOWN” will be displayed. When this message appears, immediately replace the coin-shaped battery (model: CR2450) on the CPU board as shown in the photos. If the data is lost due to dead lithium battery, please refer to “Molding Machine’s data recovery operation.”
Molding machine’s data recovery operation
When the data are lost due to dead lithium battery, please restore them by the following method (if the procedure is incorrect, the error message will not disappear):
- Turn the operation power on, and “HMI Back Up Memory erased” will be displayed. Press <OK> button.
- <CONDITION CHANGE> screen will be displayed. At this time, the message “DO READING OF ADJUST DATA AND MOLD DATA” will be displayed.
- Press the <READ> button and “*ADJUST DATA” items will be displayed.
- Select “* ADJUST DATA” item and use the <READ> button to load the adjustment conditions.
- When reading is complete, completion window will be displayed. Press the <CONFIRM> button.
- Select the “MOLDING DATA” for molding and read as well as adjustment conditions.
- Reactivate the operation power.
Please note that the shot number, monitor data, and history, etc. cannot be recovered.
The method described above is for the data recovery from the inside memory.
The condition also can be read from an external media.
When reading the data from an external media, connect the media to the USB port at step 2. Also the adjustment condition, which is read in 4, should be matching to the machine serial number.
Data retaining battery for axis control box
Current position data of injection, mold, and ejector are saved by lithium batteries.
If the lithium battery output voltage declines, a message “**AXIS BATTERY DOWN” (**indicates the actuator name) will be displayed.
If you see this message, please be sure to replace both of the cylindrical batteries (type: ER17500) on the axis board as shown in the photos. If the current position data are lost due to the dead battery, the machine cannot be operated due to executing the error correction process.
Backup Batteries for NC8000 & NC9000 Controller
Lithium battery is used for the purpose of backing up the “RAM” in the NC8000 series. For the NC9000 series, it saves the molding data, event, profile, and statistics of the machine. The average battery life is about 3~5 years; However, please be sure to replace it before it runs out.
Please follow the procedures below when replacing the battery:
- Save all the mold set up to the M-cards for all the machines equipped with M-card loader (All NC8*** series & NC9000G series.)
For NC9300T series, save it to the floppy disks.
- Locate the batteries. Some controllers have more than one batteries.
- Leave the main operation power ON, but be careful not to short circuit the board.
- Unscrew the fixing bolts from “+,” “-” terminal on the board, or disconnect the connector on the quick disconnecter type.
- Change the battery quickly. Please be careful for wiring “+” & “- ” on the fixing bolts type.